➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Question...how long are quail eggs viable, and what temperatures can they sustain?

My eggs were shipped Tuesday (Monday was a holiday and I forgot), post office fudged up and they didn’t leave the originating facility until Wednesday afternoon, so they didn’t make it here by Friday 😔.

The breeder said the eggs were mostly collected Monday, so they will be around 7 days old when I pick them up them tomorrow. The other problem is that they were scanned through a facility at 2am Saturday, and I have no guarantee that they weren’t loaded onto a truck that day and left to sit out in sub zero temps :barnie. The breeder is filing a claim, but I’m not too hopeful that it will be honoured due to all the covid mail delays (even though it was negligence on the one post office’s part, and not really a delay).

What are the chances I will still get a decent hatch?

Question...how long are quail eggs viable, and what temperatures can they sustain?

My eggs were shipped Tuesday (Monday was a holiday and I forgot), post office fudged up and they didn’t leave the originating facility until Wednesday afternoon, so they didn’t make it here by Friday 😔.

The breeder said the eggs were mostly collected Monday, so they will be around 7 days old when I pick them up them tomorrow. The other problem is that they were scanned through a facility at 2am Saturday, and I have no guarantee that they weren’t loaded onto a truck that day and left to sit out in sub zero temps :barnie. The breeder is filing a claim, but I’m not too hopeful that it will be honoured due to all the covid mail delays (even though it was negligence on the one post office’s part, and not really a delay).

What are the chances I will still get a decent hatch?
7 days should still be okay. After that they start losing viability quickly, so get them set as soon as possible.

Here's my latest hatch. It never ceases to amaze me how much they poop. These just hatched yesterday and today! I have them in the tiny brooder until they learn to find the warm spot, then I'll move them to the huge brooder.
0419201738.jpg

Here's my latest hatch. It never ceases to amaze me how much they poop. These just hatched yesterday and today! I have them in the tiny brooder until they learn to find the warm spot, then I'll move them to the huge brooder.
View attachment 2098416
:eek::eek: Frick and Frack.
I'd like to know what these two end up as.
Screenshot_20200419-222932.png
Screenshot_20200419-222920.png

Back
Top Bottom