➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I wouldn't either but this was my first hatch with this incubator. I thought they died and it was my fault although it really is
One thing you can do about your incubator's temp variations (and maybe you said you did this, but I can't remember) is to rotate the eggs around the incubator.

Have you played volleyball? Remember how the players rotate? Do that once a day (It's a great excuse to candle if you're a rebel like that 😉.) That way each egg spends time in every location and averages out the warm and cool spots. It's not as good as a perfectly even incubator--maybe--I really don't know that--after all, brooding birds probably aren't the same temperature at the edges as at the middle of the clutch... But anyway, doing this will help mitigate your cool and warm differences so that all the eggs develop in relatively similar conditions.

One thing you can do about your incubator's temp variations (and maybe you said you did this, but I can't remember) is to rotate the eggs around the incubator.

Have you played volleyball? Remember how the players rotate? Do that once a day (It's a great excuse to candle if you're a rebel like that 😉.) That way each egg spends time in every location and averages out the warm and cool spots. It's not as good as a perfectly even incubator--maybe--I really don't know that--after all, brooding birds probably aren't the same temperature at the edges as at the middle of the clutch... But anyway, doing this will help mitigate your cool and warm differences so that all the eggs develop in relatively similar conditions.
I have heard of that but no i did not do that maybe next time

This is kinda big for two fakers.
Will it work for 4 fakers?
20200421_012456.jpg

Sharp hatchets do the deed wonderfully, as long as you don't miss and chop something of yours off instead! (never happened)
I’ve thought about that too although I’m a little worried about them flopping everywhere. 😂🤣🙈

Although I honestly like the broom thing. It was super fast and easy and a lot less personal than starting them down while you do it 😂🙈

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but can’t exactly use a hatchet in a cone 😂
You can. My husband is making a cone that lays on wood for the chickens instead of doing it on the tree like we did with the knife. He wants something that's portable. He already has everything to make it and even did a drawing of it to show me his idea.

No clue how we will do the turkeys. They're going to be beasts.

Quail we will just hold and do them like we've seen others do

You can. My husband is making a cone that lays on wood for the chickens instead of doing it on the tree like we did with the knife. He wants something that's portable. He already has everything to make it and even did a drawing of it to show me his idea.

No clue how we will do the turkeys. They're going to be beasts.

Quail we will just hold and do them like we've seen others do
Oh wow that sounds neat!!! Wondering if I shouldn’t buy one but that’d probably be a waste of money considering I’d probably never use it 😂🤣🙈

But it’s like now that I know I can... :oops:

And yeah that might be a challenge haha I think I’ve seen some people tie a rope and hang them up that way. Like by their feet from a tree. That might work. Or maybe laying down with an ax or hatchet.

And that sounds like a good idea!! I think I’d be too traumatized to do that haha

Back
Top Bottom