➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

In training it's a shinai or boken. Practice weapons. I have wooden swords, knives, spear, naginata, staff, stick. I still have my kusari gama, kusari fundo and blow gun as well.
Oh wow that stuff sounds awesome!!! Do you use them or mostly just for display or??? The most I have is a BB gun 😂🤣 although I did just get a hatchet and a big knife a few weeks ago. Nothing cool like you or @honanbm have though.

Oh wow that stuff sounds awesome!!! Do you use them or mostly just for display or??? The most I have is a BB gun 😂🤣 although I did just get a hatchet and a big knife a few weeks ago. Nothing cool like you or @honanbm have though.
Most of them are tucked away in my weapon bag. I keep the stick handy (it's basically a 3' long dowel) for home defense.

Most of them are tucked away in my weapon bag. I keep the stick handy (it's basically a 3' long dowel) for home defense.
You have a weapon bag!? I think that’s really cool that you have all that stuff like that. A lot of people would just have a gun or a knife or whatever but you have a freaking badass stick and black belt 😂🤣

You have a weapon bag!? I think that’s really cool that you have all that stuff like that. A lot of people would just have a gun or a knife or whatever but you have a freaking badass stick and black belt 😂🤣
I have a weapon bag. I used it to cart my practice weapons to and from practice.

This is a kubaton.
0511202010.jpg

You don't need a weapon to be heavy to be effective. You just need to know where to put it. I could disable someone with a spoon or a pen. A piece of paper can be a good distraction while you kick or hit something.

The day I got my shodan was interesting. I went to a taikai and was the only person from my training group to go to this one. My teacher's teacher was there, as well as Jack Hoban. I spent two hours on my 250cc motorcycle to get there, and when I got there, my instructor's teacher came up to me and said, "You're testing for shodan today, right?"

My intelligent response was, "Uh... okay?"

I went through my forms, and was standing watching some other people who were testing when I heard a yell from behind me. To this day I'm not sure what I did, but I moved, rolled, and the shinai went full speed down and across, but I didn't get hit. Jack had snuck up behind me and told me I passed as soon as I was back up and facing him.

I was just reading the full site that I linked, and Mark Hodell is mentioned. He was my instructor's teacher.
What's this?

And back to the original subject of this thread, I just set 28 eggs. I'm going to have to candle later, because this is how two of them arrived.
View attachment 2135294
Did you pay attention to where in the foamy these two were?

Here's a beekeeping book I really liked, esp since it's so cold here: Keeping Bees With a Smile
My Husband and I listened to the author of that book speak. He was an amazing speaker and very informative. However we visited with him for a moment afterword and he had zero personality. He turned it on for the audience and off for real life. It was so odd. My husband and I are "real" people, not fakes. We never forgot Leo that's for sure.

They were almost right in the middle. Weird, huh?

This is a shinai (practice sword)
View attachment 2135304
Oh gosh I hope more are not cracked.
Those foamies suck.

I cannot remember where I bought them but I do not like them compared to the ones Zack uses.

Back
Top Bottom