➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I have a question about quail and my last celadon egg. It has been piped for almost a day now and it looks like it’s malpositioned
It worked on getting out a little but seems to be stuck. It’s having trouble getting through the membrane. This may be normal but I have no clue. This is my first time
should I wait and see? What can I do?View attachment 2136164

looks like it’s having trouble
If it's been pipped for over 24 hours and is malpositioned it probably needs help. Be aware that if you help it you may still need to cull it. Chicks that require help often fail to thrive. I do it anyways because about 25% of the time you get a perfectly healthy chick.

It looks like it's gotten through the membrane at least. Is it early? Late? I dunno... I might start chipping away a bit over the air cell. Letting it work for it is one thing, but that seems long to me, for a quail.
It’s one of the last 2 to hatch that is still in the incubator (the other one I don’t think is going to hatch because I see no pip)

I've got 20 duck eggs under the duck, 11 guinea eggs under a broody bantam, 43 chicken eggs in the incubator, another 13 chicken eggs under the BCM broody that already hatched out some chicks a couple months ago.... I've got some new eggs coming soon for the other incubator too... (plus some keets, chicks & poults coming) :oops:

Last edited:
You need to get proper sleep; it's an important aspect of juvenile cognitive development. :old
What about adult development!? :lau
Do you have the Word Chums app?
For some strange reason everybody that gets it and plays me quits.
Someone that isn't a quitter.:old
:lau I quit cause I sucked at it!! And cause I spent too much time on it. 😂🤣 wasn’t you, I swear lol
I bet I'd beat you.
Finally!!! I’m convinced no one can ever beat her. 😂🤣:th I’ve come close a couple of times but she still beat me. Also note only a couple. The rest I got my ass handed to me. :lau 🙈
LOL, no, and I don't get proper sleep either. 🤣
You can say that again. :rolleyes:
I don’t get enough sleep either lol or rather, I get plenty of sleep but my sleeping schedule is whacked out. :lau

Back
Top Bottom