➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I give them cuttings off the herbs when I trim things back. Some they eat some they just like hiding or climbing in. Never tried dill. I haven’t managed to grow it well yet. They eat basil and bee balm. Mostly just play with the sage, thyme and oregano.
My rabbits have been eating most of everything and there’s never much for the quail. I plan on growing more though.

so I have a wire bottomed cage and am planning to have a poop catcher board underneath it, this will work right. then the poop gets composted.
Coturnix Corner of utube fame adds pine shavings to the poop boards to keep the poop from sticking. Seems like a good idea. Time to start a compost pile. I add wood chips under the quail cage. The chickens scratch and turn this over. After it builds a bit, I scoop and put it on the compost pile with the chicken coop cleanout.

Screenshot_20200517-180852~2.png

A as in one

What's happening in Washington?

Coturnix Corner of utube fame adds pine shavings to the poop boards to keep the poop from sticking. Seems like a good idea. Time to start a compost pile. I add wood chips under the quail cage. The chickens scratch and turn this over. After it builds a bit, I scoop and put it on the compost pile with the chicken coop cleanout.
We have a poop board like that in the chickens coop.

Back
Top Bottom