āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Honey bees aren't native in the Americas. We've come to depend on them in large part because they provide reliable pollination that can be rented and trucked to your almond farm, etc. at the right time. Many bee keepers make more money from pollination services than from honey sales. They make many of the vast monoculture farms possible.

Don't take me wrong, though. I love honeybees. I'm not in love with massive monoculture farming, but it's currently our means of agricultural production. I don't think it's the best way. I don't think it's necessary in order to feed the nation or even the world, but it's where we are, and without honeybees, the food supply would definitely be in peril until we could switch over to a more sustainable, more diffuse and diverse farming model.
Farming will never change, itā€™ll only get worse over time unfortunately.

I think all bees are important not just the honeybee.

$10 for six pieces of meat.
I want to taste test these against my own.

and it looks like I have some pictures that I meant to post last night but I never actually hit the post reply button.
IMG_20200517_170455.jpg
IMG_20200517_170536.jpg
IMG_20200517_120837.jpg
IMG_20200517_120823.jpg
IMG_20200517_121559.jpg

$10 for 12 ounces is $13 a pound.
6 pieces of meat is 2 ounces per medallion. So 4 ounces per bird is a 7 ounce bird. Small ones. Got it.

2.5 birds per package is $4 per bird. Sounds right. I'm not shrink wrapping mine though. Nor freezing, nor fancy pantsy packages. Straight zipper seal bags. I'm not paying extra for Ziploc(TM) bags.

I'm curious to see what you think. I'd never had quail before I got mine.
I think it is similar to bobwhite. The diet is really important in taste. The bobwhite I ate were farm raised too. Not as strong as wild duck, but similar to farm raised duck.

I know I'm not helping. Stronger than backyard chicken, but not as strong tasting as wild fowl. Taste, diet and preparation is all important.

Back
Top Bottom