āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Guys help! Today is day 17/18 of incubating and I have nothing, I decided to candle and see where their aircells were at only to find they weren't nearly close to hatch nor showing movement! They look like day 18 on a chicken egg except 1 which is alive and looks like it'll be arriving in a day or two, but the others are way behind it although all similar to each other and none show any movement, we had a awful wind storm around 2 days ago, is it possible there was a power outage and only one survived when it started back up? How long should I wait before I give up? The live egg looks like it's gonna be another 48 hrs around so how long should I wait on the rest? My pigeons just hatched a baby that they started the day before I did so it's been at least 17 days(pigeon baby took 19 days) can quail incubate over 20 days? Cause it looks like it'll hit day 20 by the time the rest of the eggs would be ready to hatch.

Guys help! Today is day 17/18 of incubating and I have nothing, I decided to candle and see where their aircells were at only to find they weren't nearly close to hatch nor showing movement! They look like day 18 on a chicken egg except 1 which is alive and looks like it'll be arriving in a day or two, but the others are way behind it although all similar to each other and none show any movement, we had a awful wind storm around 2 days ago, is it possible there was a power outage and only one survived when it started back up? How long should I wait before I give up? The live egg looks like it's gonna be another 48 hrs around so how long should I wait on the rest? My pigeons just hatched a baby that they started the day before I did so it's been at least 17 days(pigeon baby took 19 days) can quail incubate over 20 days? Cause it looks like it'll hit day 20 by the time the rest of the eggs would be ready to hatch.
Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
Do you have a salt tested humidity gauge?

A few hours with the power being out it's not going to hurt anything.

@Kiki yes thermostat wise it's been at 99.6-100.1 throughout incubating these last week's, fan seems to be working fine as well and humidity was a bit higher than I liked when I number it before lockdown going from 48% to 68% it was to high for me personally so I swapped them into my room mini which does it automatically, humidity has remained 63-65% since but could the 40 minutes of higher humidity have drowned them? Ive obviously never done this before but I found alot of varying info on humidity and proper temps so I aimed for 99.5-100Ā°F and 45% for main incubating whith 60-65% humidity on lockdown. Did I accidentally kill them?! They were all seemingly fine when I checked at day nine and I hadn't altered anything until lockdown?!

@Kiki yes thermostat wise it's been at 99.6-100.1 throughout incubating these last week's, fan seems to be working fine as well and humidity was a bit higher than I liked when I number it before lockdown going from 48% to 68% it was to high for me personally so I swapped them into my room mini which does it automatically, humidity has remained 63-65% since but could the 40 minutes of higher humidity have drowned them? Ive obviously never done this before but I found alot of varying info on humidity and proper temps so I aimed for 99.5-100Ā°F and 45% for main incubating whith 60-65% humidity on lockdown. Did I accidentally kill them?! They were all seemingly fine when I checked at day nine and I hadn't altered anything until lockdown?!
Sorry...I almost fell asleep.

I think your humidity might have been just too high.

@Kiki ugh yeah that's probably itšŸ˜­ what's the standard most go by on here humidity wise then? I found everything from 30%-70% online. Im not gonna order more quail eggs till I have a new job I think simply a waist of money if it doesn't work out especially when I have basically no income right nowšŸ¤¦ hoping the surviving baby hatches in a day or 2 but whith my luck it'll probably be a no go

@Kiki ugh yeah that's probably itšŸ˜­ what's the standard most go by on here humidity wise then? I found everything from 30%-70% online. Im not gonna order more quail eggs till I have a new job I think simply a waist of money if it doesn't work out especially when I have basically no income right nowšŸ¤¦ hoping the surviving baby hatches in a day or 2 but whith my luck it'll probably be a no go
I'd run the bator at 25ish % and not bump it any higher than 50% for hatch time.
I also would tell you to not bump it up until you see an external pip.

Back
Top Bottom