āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Here are my week old button quails that need color Identified. There are 9
IMG_20200520_103543.jpg

If it was a predator, I wouldā€™ve not asked since Iā€™d know what happened.
Alrighty then... :hmm.

Just trying to get some more info out of you because you hadn't given any details and I could come up with a million reasons why they died without having any details....

I put mine outside last week and they were 2 weeks old. Lows were in the mid 60s and they did fine. They're very feathered at 2 weeks but are still missing their chest feathers so they should be protected from drafts. Since you're keeping them on the ground that shouldn't have been a problem.

You never said how long they've been outside in the avairy. If you moved them out there yesterday and they died last night, it very well could have been temp related.

But if they're really 3-4 weeks old 60 degree low's should not have been an issue IMO.

2 weeks is a bit young for 60 degree temps. Mine aren't at temps below 70-75 at that age.
Now Iā€™m pissed because Iā€™m going to blame myself.

Well you live and you learn
Alrighty then... :hmm.

Just trying to get some more info out of you because you hadn't given any details and I could come up with a million reasons why they died without having any details....

I put mine outside last week and they were 2 weeks old. Lows were in the mid 60s and they did fine. They're very feathered at 2 weeks but are still missing their chest feathers so they should be protected from drafts. Since you're keeping them on the ground that shouldn't have been a problem.

You never said how long they've been outside in the avairy. If you moved them out there yesterday and they died last night, it very well could have been temp related.

But if they're really 3-4 weeks old 60 degree low's should not have been an issue IMO.
My husband said that maybe a snake got them. As crazy as it sounds, it wouldn't be the first time a snake has done this. He checked them for marks and saw none. All he was mad about is that my snowy was the one that was dead and the brown one. I put them out like a week ago. Yesterday they were fine and running around.

I just put a bunch of pine shavings on the ground and the other one seems to be fine. I gave it a bigger hideout and it still has its smaller one. I am going to put more fake plants in there too.

Back
Top Bottom