➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

It should not matter. Either method is a viable method. Doing so should not affect the hatchability.

Thankyou, I might switch them over on day 10 to the flat incubator.

It’s my first time hatching in upright incubators and candling them on day 7 looks so much different as to what it does to a day 7 egg incubated flat.

When I incubate them flat, I can always see the embryo clearly with veins. However, all I can see on the pointy end down day 7 eggs is a dark area, extremely hard to see into 🤷‍♀️

This albino seems to be doing okay so far.
1591409948224.jpeg

So we butchered the extra quail today and I’m pretty sure we accidentally offed a young female. I swear they all had solid breast feathers though. Does their coloring ever not match their sex? They were Pharoah, Italian and Falb fee. Not sure which was the oops.

So we butchered the extra quail today and I’m pretty sure we accidentally offed a young female. I swear they all had solid breast feathers though. Does their coloring ever not match their sex? They were Pharoah, Italian and Falb fee. Not sure which was the oops.
Yes. Sometimes they are hard to sex. I had one that was red with spots. I decided she was a he and offed the real male. All of them started laying eggs. Oops. Look for spots is my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom