āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Other four fluff bottoms constantly be getting into trouble šŸ¤¦ they can already climb over the bricks and then fail to get back overšŸ¤· how long before I can trust them in a 4x4 area? They're going on 3 days to 7 days old. Here they are after I rounded them back up this morning lol.
IMG_20200622_154024117.jpg

Other four fluff bottoms constantly be getting into trouble šŸ¤¦ they can already climb over the bricks and then fail to get back overšŸ¤· how long before I can trust them in a 4x4 area? They're going on 3 days to 7 days old. Here they are after I rounded them back up this morning lol.
View attachment 2208276
At 3 days old, they should be able to find the warm spot in your brooder without getting lost.

OK. I'm not looking to risk it with hoping the female is broody. I have an incubator but will need an egg turner for them. Any suggestions of what kind and from where. I would prefer not to have to wait on one coming from china and it not being here till september.:rant
You don't need a turner. Turn them by hand 3-8 times a day... however you like to do it. You might get something from Incubator Warehouse. I've ordered from them on several occasions and had excellent service.

I checked it closer last night and it appeared to be yolk. As of this morning it had fully hatched. I didnā€™t remove because there was definitely a live chick moving around in it! 17 hatched now!
Very odd! I've never had an egg leaking that was still viable, they've always been rotten eggs and smelled terrible. Glad it hatched!

Very odd! I've never had an egg leaking that was still viable, they've always been rotten eggs and smelled terrible. Glad it hatched!
The fact that it didnā€™t smell and was moving made me wonder! I did find a couple other hatching posts that mentioned the yolk thing..so glad it wasnā€™t a rotten one!!

hereā€™s a couple more chick pics!
8A7C5C48-CF2B-44F9-8724-93278A8967E0.jpeg

FBEB9C41-F068-44D7-9C44-E9CFBCE50AA4.jpeg

This one already has an attitude. Probably a roo! You guys ever get ones that are extra sassy?

13586A91-35C0-4C57-8CFB-2D9D3BDB64DE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom