➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I got 25 Rosetta and 25 SCC from Myshire, I broke 2... so 58 eggs total from Myshire in the bator.

And look what I got today 😍 I actually got 2. They lay them in the hideouts.
FB5DDF22-53CF-4A2A-A1D8-24D1FEE21BE7.jpeg

Super sad news guy😭 I came home from work just now only to find Quilliam didn't great me at the door of the aviary. He wasn't in any hides either, I had skirting all around the aviary and bricks buried along the inside for digging, but it turn out Quil had gotten distracted and stuck his head through the fence I assume for a bug or some such, but it appears that the Cooper was stalking the coop and grabbed him by the head trying to pull him through the fence 😭 I don't know if I should be thankful the hawk couldn't take his body or not, I was able to bury him but now they'll just kill some other poor bird to feed their own family (there's a pair on our block) I'm going to try and surround the aviary whith cement blocks so the birds can't get their heads through, I have a hutch but I'll need to fix the bottom before it's secure I'm so sad, I'm just happy all my other Pigeons are ok and the chicks are all growing well🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_085706240.jpg
    IMG_20200629_085706240.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 12
Super sad news guy😭 I came home from work just now only to find Quilliam didn't great me at the door of the aviary. He wasn't in any hides either, I had skirting all around the aviary and bricks buried along the inside for digging, but it turn out Quil had gotten distracted and stuck his head through the fence I assume for a bug or some such, but it appears that the Cooper was stalking the coop and grabbed him by the head trying to pull him through the fence 😭 I don't know if I should be thankful the hawk couldn't take his body or not, I was able to bury him but now they'll just kill some other poor bird to feed their own family (there's a pair on our block) I'm going to try and surround the aviary whith cement blocks so the birds can't get their heads through, I have a hutch but I'll need to fix the bottom before it's secure I'm so sad, I'm just happy all my other Pigeons are ok and the chicks are all growing well🙏
I'm sorry for your loss.
:hugs
1593482146339.png

Can you link pics of your set-up? (Size of fencing?) i covered mine last fall with heavy duty 1” netting and the hawks can’t get through. Prior to the new netting, I electrified the fence perimeter to keep out the raccoons. Knock on wood I haven’t had any predator problems inside the aviary since. Still haven’t kept the birds from damaging my plants and I haven’t gotten it 100% escape proof yet but I’m trying!!!!

Back
Top Bottom