➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I can see a pattern on the back. Which indicates that the chick is Cinnamon. Albino would be all yellow and practically blind? Your rooster is Silver, right? It could be a Silver Cinnamon. But that is just guessing. Their real color shows when the feathers are coming in.

You never know what genes they are hiding under their feathers, this is why I love hatching my own eggs :lol:. I was gifted with a Tuxedo Cinnamon from a generic Sparkley rooster and Tuxedo hen.

If the chick has some vision and can find food and water, it should be okay.

It is very light sensitiv (took me dozends of pics with open eyes), but as I use heatplates, it has no problems with finding food and water.

I am very excited, how it will develope :jumpy

View attachment 2220400

Wire refrigerator shelves are awesome. Bits of wire for hinges and picture hangers for closure.

Went to the local tractor place and got used shipping pallets. Broke those down for lumber. I bought hardware cloth, screws and metal roofing for this masterpiece. The paint was leftover from the house.
That’s awesome! I’m going to try to not buy anything when building these cages. I think we can do it, but it’ll take some brain power.

I didn’t get any quail eggs today 😭 they’re teasing me lol

That’s awesome! I’m going to try to not buy anything when building these cages. I think we can do it, but it’ll take some brain power.

I didn’t get any quail eggs today 😭 they’re teasing me lol
the heat has put the hurt on egg production here too. Lots of shade and lots of water is needed. Everyone is slowing down. Including me.

So an update about my malpositioned chick. I ended up having to fully assist him with hatching because his umbilical cord somehow got wrapped tightly around one of his legs making it immobile and slightly swollen. He was overdue to hatch so I carefuly clipped the cord and freed his leg. He was extremely wobbly, had curled toes and fell on his back constantly. I felt hopeless about his survival but I wasn't ready to give up on him. I made him some boots for his toes and I carefully watched him for 3 days straight with maybe an hour or so of sleep. I would hold him to keep his legs positioned correctly and I took him to his food and water. I changed his boots when they got dirty as well.
Well, today is day 3 and he has graduated to one boot! He also found his voice and is peeping all over the place and eating and drinking on his own. I finally got some sleep too! He's doing fantastic and now has a buddy to comfort him :yesss:

Little neon yeller isn't going to make it. @BantyChooks
I gave some away today but they forced green dollars into my hand. :rant

Here's what I have left until Thursday.
I'm keeping the little faker black one for sure.
IMG_20200630_204924.jpg
IMG_20200630_204916.jpg
IMG_20200630_204914.jpg
IMG_20200630_204909.jpg
IMG_20200630_204843.jpg
IMG_20200630_204820.jpg
IMG_20200630_204805.jpg
IMG_20200630_204732.jpg
IMG_20200630_204828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom