āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I just spotted this in a Craigslist ad, is this even possible?
"These chicks are from NPIP certified Alchemist line stock and produce 98-100% blue layers. Most breeders canā€™t come close to those numbers yet. Every hen I have lays blue eggs."
Anything is possible. The ad poster may have gotten extremely lucky or they don't have any problem with exaggerating the truth.

I got a 100% hatch rate on my spontaneous celadon batch. Even the one I was sure was scrambled but left in just to be sure hatched. All are from the same female but I collected her first 8 eggs when she was still in the growout pen so no idea who the males are.

homegrown celadon:
Set 06/16/2020
Hatched 07/03/2020
8 set
-1clear
=7 hatchers

I just spotted this in a Craigslist ad, is this even possible?
"These chicks are from NPIP certified Alchemist line stock and produce 98-100% blue layers. Most breeders canā€™t come close to those numbers yet. Every hen I have lays blue eggs."
Alchemist farms is from a town just down the road from me. I believe that they have been breeding their celadon line for a long time. They are incredibly expensive, from what I've seen, though.

Alchemist line doesn't mean actually from Alchemist farm, though. That's like saying that my birds are MyShire farm line (and they're not all from MyShire).

Back
Top Bottom