āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I don't know the US regulations, as I am in Germany.
Her in California I can't sell any of my processed birds. I would have to get licensing and inspections from the FDA, and it would cost far more than I could ever get even if I sold every bird I processed for $50 each. Which is about 5 times what I would sell them for.

Her in California I can't sell any of my processed birds. I would have to get licensing and inspections from the FDA, and it would cost far more than I could ever get even if I sold every bird I processed for $50 each. Which is about 5 times what I would sell them for.

Same here. Unless the person is on our property duri g the deed, it's illegal, and even they odds are if they were to try and get us in trouble, they would probably succeed

Normally meat inspections are by the USDA and not the FDA.

Actually, I think you're right about the inspections. The licensing was done through FDA, which I remember because I thought it was odd.
Off topic but talk about odd. The State of Wyoming allows the possession of prairie dogs without a permit but gives a link to the FDA that does require a permit for the possession of prairie dogs. This is apparently due to the fact that the prairie dogs and their fleas are known carriers of the bubonic plague.

I know at one time there was a good market in Japan for prairie dogs as pets.

Back
Top Bottom