āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Ugh, my cheapo 'overflow' incubator is acting up. Some of my birds started laying again unexpectedly, so that plus some eggs I've bought from other breeders have filled up my main incubators.

I had actually ordered some Egyptian eggs from Myshire (I found the page to order them at from Googling for hatching eggs in that color, but I couldn't find it from the main website, it was weird) and because my main incubators are full, they'd have to have gone in the overflow. Plugged it in today and nope, it's not working right.

I've emailed to ask to cancel the eggs, which I hate to do, and just keep the egg cartons I had also ordered on order. I'm hoping it's not too late for them to cancel the eggs, or else I'll have wasted my money on them, sigh.

Ugh, my cheapo 'overflow' incubator is acting up. Some of my birds started laying again unexpectedly, so that plus some eggs I've bought from other breeders have filled up my main incubators.

I had actually ordered some Egyptian eggs from Myshire (I found the page to order them at from Googling for hatching eggs in that color, but I couldn't find it from the main website, it was weird) and because my main incubators are full, they'd have to have gone in the overflow. Plugged it in today and nope, it's not working right.

I've emailed to ask to cancel the eggs, which I hate to do, and just keep the egg cartons I had also ordered on order. I'm hoping it's not too late for them to cancel the eggs, or else I'll have wasted my money on them, sigh.

When does the first of your current incubations hatch and when do the MyShire eggs aproximately arrive?

I am asking, because I was in a similar situation last year. I ordered an incubator and hatching from 2 sources. As bonus for the incubator order, I received 48 hatching eggs, but my hatching eggs were far from delivery.
In the end I stored the first eggs 16 days and set them up, when the others arrived. Still had a hatch rate of 50% of these stored.

If you cannot cancel the order, you may could store the eggs, till next incubator is free.

When does the first of your current incubations hatch and when do the MyShire eggs aproximately arrive?

I am asking, because I was in a similar situation last year. I ordered an incubator and hatching from 2 sources. As bonus for the incubator order, I received 48 hatching eggs, but my hatching eggs were far from delivery.
In the end I stored the first eggs 16 days and set them up, when the others arrived. Still had a hatch rate of 50% of these stored.

If you cannot cancel the order, you may could store the eggs, till next incubator is free.

I have no clue when the eggs would be arriving, to be honest. If it would be more than three weeks from now, then I'd have room. But if it was sooner than that, I wouldn't, since it's 50 eggs so I'd need room for all 50.

I have no clue when the eggs would be arriving, to be honest. If it would be more than three weeks from now, then I'd have room. But if it was sooner than that, I wouldn't, since it's 50 eggs so I'd need room for all 50.
Call MyShire and ask to delay shipment for 3 weeks. They will work with you.

Your other option is to buy another incubator, build another coop, and call it a day. :D We are here to help!

I still haven't started on my newest coop. I have the plans drawn though.

Maybe you can make a post asking if anyone in your area can hatch them for you?

Maybe you can make a post asking if anyone in your area can hatch them for you?

Nope, they have to come from Myshire directly to me, otherwise they lose NPIP certification - and so do I when I take them back. Well, I suppose if I could find someone to hatch them that is also NPIP certified it would work, but that's a long shot.

Just ask for them to be delayed. They usually work with folks. :D :jumpy

Well, it looks like they're just gonna ship the eggs. Because I got an email today with tracking info and it said my order was done processing and was being shipped and it listed the eggs...

I guess they never saw the email I sent a couple days ago. I don't know what I'm going to do. Try to make room for at least some of them, I guess, and then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom