➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I don’t change the sand, I sift it once or twice a week, and add more in after I sift. I have their whole coop floor filled with sand, so it’s about 5-6 sq feet of sand. I top off the sand after I sift, I know a bunch is lost in sifting because it gets stuck to poo, but I think they eat a bunch too lol. Honestly I don’t know where all the sand goes.
Can you go to that thread and say that?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/changing-out-sand.1413531/

I did, but in the future, it is much more considerate for the person asking to cut and paste and not expect someone else to do it for them.
Casport Pony is a project manager and helps a lot of people here. She works hard to see that newcomers who don't understand where to post in order to have the best chance their questions will be seen/answered will get the help they need. If she doesn't know an answer she posts in a forum where people may be able to help. Those who know and want to share generally go to the original location of the question to post their ideas and help the visitor.

Note to self. Started 13 HG eggs yesterday. QB#18. I told the girls that I was going to hatch some and one stopped laying. So 11 eggs from one of the girls and 2 from the other. I hope these are from the white quail. And I hope they are still fertile from the male that left.

Hi everyone! I was gifted 12 Jumbo Brown Meatmaker Coturnix Quail eggs from a friend I bought some Bresse, Pyncheon, and Duckwing Phoenix eggs from. This will be my first Quail hatch. I set them in the incubator on 8/31 - so expected hatch day is 9/18. Planning on candeling on the 15th.

Back
Top Bottom