āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I'm surprised how long it's taking for twenty eggs to get to it. We had our first chick 33 hrs ago, they seem to be coming in batches of two at a time. Had one just hatch a minute ago. I can see at least three more with cracks and chicks making a go of things. So far nine hatched.
Do you have a still air or forced air incubator? If it's still air you probably have cooler spots, so the chicks developed slower.

My one week olds!!! 4BC34E8E-7AC6-4F7B-901D-FE807B2A733A.jpeg CB599055-90B3-40CC-826E-94BD4571F022.jpeg

Do you have a still air or forced air incubator? If it's still air you probably have cooler spots, so the chicks developed slower.
I tried to see what it actually says for the Janoel 12. It's doesn't state but you can hear the fan in there. How good a job it does is debatable. I only put a temp/hygrometer in one end and the temp gauge it came with is the other end. Temps were consistent for both showing the same reading. One is higher up then the other so it looks like the temp may be consistent throughout.

Would older eggs hatch later or earlier than fresher eggs? Some of my eggs were seven days old.

I tried to see what it actually says for the Janoel 12. It's doesn't state but you can hear the fan in there. How good a job it does is debatable. I only put a temp/hygrometer in one end and the temp gauge it came with is the other end. Temps were consistent for both showing the same reading. One is higher up then the other so it looks like the temp may be consistent throughout.

Would older eggs hatch later or earlier than fresher eggs? Some of my eggs were seven days old.
the janoelle 12 can have cool spots....i got my best hatches rotating the eggs to different areas every few days. to keep the humidity more stable, you can add sponge pieces. you will typically want to increase temp slightly at lockdown when you remove the turner tray because the fan is on top. hopefully that helps a bit???

Mine started hatching election night. Just put them in the brooder today. Would you believe, that as I was transferring them, one brave chick jumped out of the incubator, landed on it's feet, ran behind the dog cage (with dog in it). Little booger, that was a 3 foot jump. Was uninjured.
It's a mixed batch, so who knows? There were 3 celadon eggs in there too. I'm hoping for some more black ones, but we'll see what I get.
Omg if u hatch a celadon that's pure black or close to it !!!! I might just buy that :fl

Back
Top Bottom