āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

But my adult rooster Attacks all others. I hatched 4 roosters and tried to introduce one in with others but my adult hurt it so bad I had to put it down.
Perhaps you should take the adult male out of the cage, and replace it with the new males. Put the old one in isolation for a few days, then add him back to the flock. That way, it breaks his dominice hold.

I made a new brooder, I think it'll hold the babies for a while. I ended up with 112 chicks from the Halloween hatch a long now over a week old. The brooder is 16' long, 2' wide, and 2' tall. I still need to add the roof so they can't fly out. Split into 4 sections so I can separate by age/color etc.
KIMG0142.JPG
KIMG0143.JPG
KIMG0145.JPG
KIMG0148.JPG
KIMG0150.JPG

Thanks! I needed something bigger than the plastic totes I was using before. I'm hoping with the vinyl tablecloth below the shavings, that I can keep the bottom wood in great shape for a long while.
I put card board down or feed bags on the floor and cover them with shavings. When time to clean, lift the cardboard or bags out with all the dirty shavings. I find it quicker and easier than scraping poop off the floor. Mine always throw the bedding to one side and poop on the floor.

Your brooder looks wonderful! Consider deer netting in a frame for a light weight top.

So I narrowed it down and it's definitely my Tibetan tux hen that's laying Celadon. So I've paired her up with my Tibetan cock and I'll be setting her eggs in batches every three days. Current plan is to breed her back to one of her sons to hopefully get more Celadon layers, then I'll outcross those to a different male for genetic diversity, then breed the resulting females back to one of the Celadon males.

So I narrowed it down and it's definitely my Tibetan tux hen that's laying Celadon. So I've paired her up with my Tibetan cock and I'll be setting her eggs in batches every three days. Current plan is to breed her back to one of her sons to hopefully get more Celadon layers, then I'll outcross those to a different male for genetic diversity, then breed the resulting females back to one of the Celadon males.
Youā€™ve been a great source of information for me, if you are ever in NJ I will be happy to give you a full celadon male, or eggs or both.

Back
Top Bottom