➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I had that tray of snow angel eggs in the brinsea going into lockdown today. I didn’t candle at all so far haha, but the celadon layer’s eggs all hatched last time around.

So I go to candle earlier and they all look like I’m candling the wrong tray. I waited until it got dark and tried again, all but one were infertile! I’ve noticed lately and even said to my husband, “Snowflake used to be repulsed by his ugly sister, now he follows her around and she’s the only one I see him mate with.” Since Baldi has gotten better from her various issues being a double silver, he’s had more and more interest in her, but she rarely lays. He has apparently stopped mating the other 2 completely. Only Baldi’s egg is in the nr360 locked down, perhaps I’ll have a lonely chick. I’ll probably give it to the snow angels to care for if it hatches, at least it won’t be alone that way.

PXL_20210427_020543513.jpg
PXL_20210427_020556095.jpg
PXL_20210427_020631274.jpg
PXL_20210427_020528588.jpg
PXL_20210427_020710801.jpg
PXL_20210427_020733345.jpg
PXL_20210427_020751924.jpg

I’m wondering, didnt Zack say Myshire was adding something new last week? I feel like the livestream from a week and a half ago said something about a new surprise coming? I’ve looked at the site and don’t see anything new, did I just watch an old video out of order or something? Sorry, didn’t wanna start a thread just for this.

20 eggs made it to lockdown. 13 hatched so far and one pipped but died. 6 more possibles.
The hatch is taking at least three days again which is typical for me. I even temped six areas of my incubator and noted the temp differences. Thought about moving eggs around periodically to try to even things out. Wasn’t sure opening the incubator and messing with the eggs more frequently was worth it though. :confused:

20 eggs made it to lockdown. 13 hatched so far and one pipped but died. 6 more possibles.
The hatch is taking at least three days again which is typical for me. I even temped six areas of my incubator and noted the temp differences. Thought about moving eggs around periodically to try to even things out. Wasn’t sure opening the incubator and messing with the eggs more frequently was worth it though. :confused:
I shuffled eggs around for my last hatch, it didn't help much.

Back
Top Bottom