➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

PXL_20210503_005728645.jpg
PXL_20210503_005726796.jpg

Now we get to the real issue. Why don't you like the caramel ones? Just doesn't tickle your fancy?

I need to off the last two from your egg hatch. They just aren't jumbo sized, so gotta go. The white (sparkly?) is a girl and the rosetta looking thing is the boy.
They are ugly and I can't feather sex them.
Does that make me dumber than they are?

I have a broody hen. She's my first. Yesterday she was hiding in the grass, today she had dug in a bit and was pulling every bit of grass within her reach closer. I only found two eggs in the pen, so I reached under her, and there were four more. Normally, none of my birds would stay put if I were moving them to get eggs. She didn't move. All four eggs were nice and toasty warm.

I felt bad taking them from her, but I need to ship them out tomorrow. She can have tomorrow's eggs. I'll mark them so she doesn't gather too many and see what happens.
Awwww poor bird lol

1620007915175.png

Well, I ended up with six! The 6th hatched early this morning sometime around 5am. No movement or pips from the remaining eggs. Still, 6 isn't bad for my first batch I guess, esp since they were shipped. My luck (or Kiki's luck, I guess, hehe) they're all boys...

Any ideas on colors of them? I assume the yellow one will be mostly white, and I think the one with the dark back might be tuxedo? And the stripey one maybe Italian? 5 of the 6 of them came out of Celadon eggs & I think were advertised as lighter colored birds in general.

Back
Top Bottom