āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I weighed the boys today, 8 weeks, deciding who to keep since someone was crowing all night long - and one flies off the scale, out the open door (stupid me) and flushes down the hill. I grab the net and run down but the resident hawk got to it first :mad: I don't think it was one of my bigger boys at least

I use these water cups for the chicks, they screw into a water or soda bottle. Iā€™ve found until 3 weeks, they have difficulty with the nipples. I have a system where I strap the bottle to the wall with Velcro cable ties, I put the drink end into a plastic bowl so if any splashed out it gets caught and wonā€™t make the bedding wet and smelly. But, using plastic water and soda bottles is tricky because lifting them in and out of the brooder, even gently and carefully, often causes a squeeze and some water spills out. So Iā€™ve opted for a squeeze resistant bottle:
A8343D68-E7AD-460D-BE0C-5B6C29B86536.jpeg

I use these water cups for the chicks, they screw into a water or soda bottle. Iā€™ve found until 3 weeks, they have difficulty with the nipples. I have a system where I strap the bottle to the wall with Velcro cable ties, I put the drink end into a plastic bowl so if any splashed out it gets caught and wonā€™t make the bedding wet and smelly. But, using plastic water and soda bottles is tricky because lifting them in and out of the brooder, even gently and carefully, often causes a squeeze and some water spills out. So Iā€™ve opted for a squeeze resistant bottle:
View attachment 2649260
I use those too, but usually wait until they're a week old for those.

View attachment 2649260
We play dnd every Saturday night, and people are often bringing booze, so I have a bunch of partly filled bottles of various stuff. Iā€™ve been trying the drinker cups on them all, they fit the Disaronno bottle! I gotta get people to empty it this weekend so I can have the chicks ā€œbelly up to the barā€ itā€™ll look so ridiculous.

I
Purely Poultry. They have reasonable prices. About the only place that had them in stock at the time.
I ordered my very first quail eggs from them and silkie chicks and most of my button eggs ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø
for quail eggs now, however, itā€™s mainly myshire.....tell Zack that Kiki and I sent you šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Back
Top Bottom