➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Well I’m not really, I do need to draw the line somewhere, but then I get one like Apollo. I planned to strictly only keep blue laying hens, but Apollo is so lovely, and my husband has been working on a project similarly named, so I couldn’t part with him. He’s been living in the grow out as I sort the blue and brown layers. I plan to eventually raise his daughters, produced with celadon hens, and see if he only throws blue layers, he has a 50/50 chance of being a pure celadon. I sold the green eyed hen because she lays brown, so I thought it was a worthy enough sacrifice to justify keeping him. He is a voracious, but gentle lover, whenever I’m out there I’ll see him humping 5-6 different hens in just a few minutes haha.
Well at least you know he’s got a lot to share with the ladies! 😆

I’m not certain off the top of my head if pansy is dominant or recessive. If recessive, it wouldn’t show in the first gen. I’m suspecting it is not recessive though. You can certainly have pansy pattern with silver color. If only one parent is fee, it depends on whether they have 1 or 2 copies of fee. 2 copies is a more crisp white contrast, single fee lets some browns bleed thru. A single fee parent will make 1/2 the offspring single fee, a double fee parent will make all offspring single fee.
Yeah I am curious to hatch a few of my fertilized Pansy eggs and see what I get! I have a tuxedo celadon male and Silvie in with all my hens…three are tuxedo Celadons, 4 are Pansy Fees and 1 is a Falb Fee….once I have a few more hens I will probably isolate Silvie with my favorite hens and hatch a few of those too :) Sacramento area doesn’t have many silver Celadons around so could be a fun way to off load some—maybe!

Why won't any of his children get his red eyes? Not once so far.also new babies.

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_110713290.jpg
    IMG_20210716_110713290.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210716_135051177.jpg
    IMG_20210716_135051177.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210716_121754208.jpg
    IMG_20210716_121754208.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 4
Must be recessive. Pair the children off and see if you get any. I know it’s not as easy as Coturnix, the dad has a mate, so you can’t just toss other girls in.
Well I have been breeding him to shana in the past since she lost her mate, king is actually shana and his child

That would indicate that it is a recessive condition. Best hopes for getting the same condition is by breeding him to his offspring.
Hmmm good idea to try and might be possible, just need to hold a female back

Must be recessive. Pair the children off and see if you get any. I know it’s not as easy as Coturnix, the dad has a mate, so you can’t just toss other girls in.
I like ur idea and I have king on standby but still need a female

Back
Top Bottom