➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

OUCH! That poor hen.

The new layers have the most trouble with the plumbing. Hope she works it out quick.
That's the thing! I think it was one of my older hens who has been laying for about 4 months now...she had a lot of double yolkers when she first started laying...so I'm thinking it was her. But yeah, I don't want to see this be a regular occurrence! OUCH.

This arrived today. I'm scared to open it.
PXL_20210915_212451977.jpg

That's the thing! I think it was one of my older hens who has been laying for about 4 months now...she had a lot of double yolkers when she first started laying...so I'm thinking it was her. But yeah, I don't want to see this be a regular occurrence! OUCH.
Just my theory but I think the Cot's bloodlines are becoming so inbred that this is the reason for alot of peeps reporting double yolks and now you reporting a triple yolker!

With everyone basically getting birds from the same breeders and trading back and forth, who knows where 'their birds' actually originated and the purity of the bloodlines.

Just my theory but I think the Cot's bloodlines are becoming so inbred that this is the reason for alot of peeps reporting double yolks and now you reporting a triple yolker!

With everyone basically getting birds from the same breeders and trading back and forth, who knows where 'their birds' actually originated and the purity of the bloodlines.
There’s probably a lot of truth in that! I hope it doesn’t become common in my birds, I know it’s indicative that things aren’t functioning as well as they should. Just lost a hen! Don’t need to lose another one :-(

Back
Top Bottom