➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I have that incubator, the turn amount is fine. I lockdown a day early when I use it because the rolling turner is harder on the chicks. They work to get into pip position and get swirled around. So stopping a bit early, I’ve found, gives them more time to settle before hatching.
Thanks for the tip!
I was going to use paper towels for the floor on lockdown, but do you think that will affect the humidity too much with the water underneath? Otherwise I will use cabinet liner

I made a cage for the buttons, I have the darth Vaders on one side and the blue face and slate on the other. Idk the gender of the blue face/slate group, I’m pretty sure the slate is male and at least one blue face is female, I’ll see how they act, and the vents will let me know once they’re laying.

The middle plastic coated hardware cloth divider slides out and so does the plastic piece. Im still salvaging old containers for hides and such but I put one in to get a feel for how they like it, and it’s too big, they sit on it and behind it but never inside, so I’ll look for a smaller container, maybe I’ll get some small flower pots from the greenhouse and clean them off to try out.
34825264-904E-4D6D-8A8E-1B1E0E08395E.jpeg
6C13B0B1-B3B9-4EB6-9B63-724D47B6165D.jpeg
345B8C3C-05C5-4F20-9242-87825A6676E8.jpeg

Last edited:
I made a cage for the buttons, I have the darth Vaders on one side and the blue face and slate on the other. Idk the gender of the blue face/slate group, I’m pretty sure the slate is male and at least one blue face is female, I’ll see how they act, and the vents will let me know once they’re laying.

The middle plastic coated hardware cloth divider slides out and so does the plastic piece. Im still salvaging old containers for hides and such but I put one in to get a feel for how they like it, and it’s too big, they sit on it and behind it but never inside, so I’ll look for a smaller container, maybe I’ll get some small flower pots from the greenhouse and clean them off to try out.View attachment 2930180View attachment 2930178View attachment 2930179
Is there more than one entrance? My buttons didn't like hides unless there was a second entrance.

Back
Top Bottom