āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

My calico fee eggs have arrived!
36 calico fee and 8 button eggs set.
PXL_20220214_205630478.jpg

Iā€™ve been suspicious that my older 3 chicks from the hen who died are all males, and yesterday they all showed red feathers coming in around the vent :( no new mate from those guys. I have 8 more from the second group of chicks, they are only a week or so old, so no idea on gender yet.

Those of you who don't use supplemental light, when do your quail start laying in spring? Mine finally started molting and just about quit laying now that the lights have been off a few weeks.

Those of you who don't use supplemental light, when do your quail start laying in spring? Mine finally started molting and just about quit laying now that the lights have been off a few weeks.
Always seems like a lag to me. After I turn off lights, they continue for a week or two, then even as light is returned, it takes a few weeks to get started again.

I got my first duck eggs this weekendā€¦ā€¦hoping for pheasant and quail eggs to appear in early April

Just wanted to share my new quail cages I got yesterday šŸ˜„
The people selling them are downsizing their rabbitry, so they have a TON of cages for sale. These two sets were all I could fit in my truck šŸ˜… The black one is in really good shape, and has the manure trays with it. The other one just needs patched in a few spots, and I have to go back later to get the manure trays.
A447F6CF-F38F-491E-886A-09F1958C869A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom