➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Hi everyone! I need some advice:

I have two sets of hatching eggs coming from different farms. One batch will be here approximately 10 days before the other one. Does anyone know if it's okay to keep the first batch for 10 days until the next batch arrives in order to set the eggs at the same time?

The seller of the first batch claims that the eggs were freshly laid. I'll be candling upon arrival to see.

I do have two incubators fully equipped for quail eggs.
For best results do not hold the first group for 10 days. The sooner they are incubated the better are the chances of success. Expected hatch percentage decreases with the increasing age of the eggs.

Shipped eggs have enough going against them without delaying their incubation.

🤦🤦🤦 I think they are ALL boys this time.
PXL_20220318_224628262.jpg

Hi everyone! I need some advice:

I have two sets of hatching eggs coming from different farms. One batch will be here approximately 10 days before the other one. Does anyone know if it's okay to keep the first batch for 10 days until the next batch arrives in order to set the eggs at the same time?

The seller of the first batch claims that the eggs were freshly laid. I'll be candling upon arrival to see.

I do have two incubators fully equipped for quail eggs.
Set them immediately. Do not hold for days.

I locked down the cinnamons from southwest gamebirds and only 3 of 18 developed and one looks like a recent quitter. I’m so disappointed, when that box arrived, sideways in the cold, all wet, and they didn’t ring the bell, I suspected poor results. The blacks I had shipped from Garrie Landry in Louisiana a few weeks ago, actually hatched out more than I ordered due to him sending 4 extra, and I hatched buttons from him all winter, so I think it was somewhere on the route from southwest that the box abuse happened, because their packaging is top notch, like custom made for shipping quail eggs. I emailed them about reordering, I had to wait so long for these, it’s killing me! On the plus side, my homegrowns are great, and it looks like I’ll have about a billion buttons lol. The blacks are laying eggs so I’ll set some of them in a couple weeks.

Edit: Southwest already emailed me, like within 10 minutes of me sending, and said they will reship next week, amazing customer support!

Hey there, quail owners.

I am looking for pictures for my Quail article.

Looking for pictures of:

-Enclosures
-Quail roo vs. hen (coturnix; brown-red breast vs. spotted breast)
-Different types of quail, labled breeds
-Game Bird starter feed bag and/or Turkey starter feed bag
-quail dust bathing / dust bathing area for the quail
-baby quail chicks
-(I know this is VERY rare, but wondering if any of you have pictures of a BROODY quail hen?! Would be very cool!)
-Quail egg scissors

ALL PHOTOS WILL BE CREDITED TO THE MEMBER WHO TOOK THE PHOTO.

I used to have quail, however, I guess I didn't get as attached to them as the chickens, so I didn't take many photos at all... and now we don't have quail.

TIA!

Hey there, quail owners.

Looking for pictures of:

-Enclosures
-baby quail chicks
-(I know this is VERY rare, but wondering if any of you have pictures of a BROODY quail hen?! Would be very cool!)
-Quail egg scissors

I used to have quail, however, I guess I didn't get as attached to them as the chickens, so I didn't take many photos at all... and now we don't have quail.

TIA!
Broody Quail
IMG_0884.JPG

Hey there, quail owners.

Looking for pictures of:

-Enclosures
-baby quail chicks
-Quail egg scissors

TIA!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-broody-coturnix-quail.1470804/

I documented my broody hatching and raising her chicks in that thread, feel free to use the pics.

Back
Top Bottom