➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Well I will find out how resilient quail eggs are at Day 10…I vacuumed my bedroom tonight and didn’t realize until 2 hours later that I’d accidentally unplugged the incubator 😩 The temp was down to 81F…I also have 18 chicken eggs in the same incubator and I candles them about 20 mins ago and none looked worse for the wear…but quail are so much smaller! 😩 Fingers crossed I guess. 😢
2 hours is absolutely nothing to worry about.
What one should worry about when their incubator accidentally gets turned off...is the warming back up of the Bator.
You should watch it closely to make sure it doesn't get too hot warming back up.

Last edited:
2 hours is absolutely nothing to worry about.
What one should worry about when their incubator accidentally gets turned off...is the warming back up of the Bator.
You should watch it closely to make sure it doesn't get too hot warming back up.
Why would it get so much warmer? It did get higher than before. That’s frustrating! Thanks for the heads up!

Why would it get so much warmer? It did get higher than before. That’s frustrating! Thanks for the heads up!
Incubators are retarded sometimes there's no rhyme or reason for why they get a little bit too warm or a little bit too cold.

Thank you all
I only bought a 6lb bag of each, so I’ll use them up between my quail and chickens while I look for a higher protein feed 😊
I was hoping these would work just because I’m having a hard time finding a different layer feed. The one I’m using now is $15 for a 50lb bag, so not too bad, but this is the only feed store in my area I’ll use. The closest TSC and other feed stores’ grain is (and has been for a long time) absolutely covered in grain mites 🤢

Believe it or not, I am planning to try grinding up floating catfish food pellets. They're 32% protein (mix it with layer crumble or chosen feed to lower it later: add protein percentages and divide total protein percentage by 2 to know what you're at now) and have good ingredients on the ones I found at the local Orscheln. Heard it works marvelously!

Starting with a tiny backstory: I began with BYC in 2018 with my beautiful chickens:love: a golden sexlink, a crested cream legbar, and an Ameracauna. Since then, we had to move and I had to rehome them. Seems Apartments don't appreciate chickens. :confused: On Star Wars day (May the 4th), we incubated 22 store-bought quail eggs (we'll see how that goes) here in our Apartment Farm 🤫 and are using the Nurture Right 360. I've been wanting to incubate since starting with chickens, but truly never had the space before. Can hardly wait to find a farm (yep, we're definitely searching), but am thrilled to get to start out small, right where we are...Oh my gosh, I can hardly wait just to candle them all on day 7 to see development! BTW, if anyone asks, this is a homeschooling science experiment incubation for our children! ;):D

Back
Top Bottom