➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Don't be in too big of a hurry to buy into the higher humidity at higher elevation proponents.

4200' isn't that big of a deal. It's the ones that are over 5000' that have more of an issue. The issue isn't the humidity but rather the lower concentration of oxygen. Especially the build up of CO2 when a lot of chicks are hatching at once.

I'm at 5200"+. I incubate at 30% to 35% humidity if I can. I lock down at 65% to 70% humidity.
That's good to know. Now, how to get them a bit more oxygen...

I just watched my mail carrier throw the box of Myshire eggs towards my door.

I was asked to be a quail vendor at this Family Farm Expo next weekend so I have about 40 eggs incubating and due to hatch on May 2!

I plan to keep a few…I’ve had some rat issues (quailocide) and dumb quail issues (knocked lid off their waterer and drowned) this past month and I’m down to 11 quail 😫

So far I’ve only had to pull 5 eggs total from the 45 I set. Fingers crossed they all make it to hatch! I’ve made more money off of my quail than my chickens to date…they’re becoming quite popular 😍 I have even pre-sold some hatching eggs! In order to look legit at the Expo I even have a logo and business card now :)

B76E174D-7A14-4A24-81A1-91D97F115B5D.jpeg

Bee get these. You'll love them.
Check this out! https://a.co/d/czukATf
I have several Govee devices, but not these specific ones. Are these any more accurate than the ones that I do have? I did the salt test on some and was able to adjust the % humidity that the app was seeing, but they were all reading 6-8 % low before I learned of the salt test.

I have several Govee devices, but not these specific ones. Are these any more accurate than the ones that I do have? I did the salt test on some and was able to adjust the % humidity that the app was seeing, but they were all reading 6-8 % low before I learned of the salt test.
I have no idea which version of these would be better or which version is more accurate.

That's good to know. Now, how to get them a bit more oxygen...

I just watched my mail carrier throw the box of Myshire eggs towards my door.
G damn it! I would have went out there and bitched at him.

G damn it! I would have went out there and bitched at him.
He left too fast.

That wouldn't happen here. The USPS does not deliver to rural houses. You have to pick things like shipped eggs up at the post office. You don't get to see them throw the boxes around.

Too bad you didn't video it so you could show his supervisor.
I did get it on video and plan to report it. I don't think anything will happen since I've contacted them before. That was about not getting about 10% of my mail. I'm subscribed to Informed Delivery, so I know what I'm supposed to be getting.

Back
Top Bottom