➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Hi new Quail hatcher here. I got my eggs from My Shire farm, and they gave me 30 even though I ordered 25. Thank you very much for the extra eggs. Well I put my eggs in the nature right 360 on June 21 st, and they started hatching on July 8th. So far I have a total of 22 live birds and 1 that had to cull due to birth defects. 1 had intestines hanging out and 1 had leg and toes were malformed and bent the wrong way. I have at least 1 more pipping and the others I'm not sure of. I'm impressed with how the hatch has gone, as I've heard and read so many stories of hatches that were only 50%. Thank you again My Shire Farm for the great stock.

Last edited:
Well, it seems I can join a hatch along for once. We ordered button quail eggs in February and just now got them. I had finally convinced hubs to ask for a refund cuz I swore we'd never get them.
Left us scrambling for a new incubator. Suddenly cant find the cord for mine.
14 in the new incubator right now.

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 6
Well, it seems I can join a hatch along for once. We ordered button quail eggs in February and just now got them. I had finally convinced hubs to ask for a refund cuz I swore we'd never get them.
Left us scrambling for a new incubator. Suddenly cant find the cord for mine.
14 in the new incubator right now.
Have you had these nutters before?

Hi new Quail hatcher here. I got my eggs from My Shire farm, and they gave me 30 even though I ordered 25. Thank you very much for the extra eggs. Well I put my eggs in the nature right 360 on June 21 st, and they started hatching on July 8th. So far I have a total of 22 live birds and 1 that had to cull due to birth defects. 1 had intestines hanging out and 1 had leg and toes were malformed and bent the wrong way. I have at least 1 more pipping and the others I'm not sure of. I'm impressed with how the hatch has gone, as I've heard and read so many stories of hatches that were only 50%. Thank you again My Shire Farm for the great stock.
Nice!
What colors did you order?

Welcome to the quail world! I’m in southern indiana as well……I don’t have quail atm but I hatched over 500 myshire eggs of all the colors!

Nope. But I do have someone that can take them on the off chance it doesnt work out.
any advice?
Ive been doing research for a while and they seem to be about the same as coturnix but less skittish.
More skittish than coturnix, much smaller but adorable and fun to hatch and raise

Nope. But I do have someone that can take them on the off chance it doesnt work out.
any advice?
Ive been doing research for a while and they seem to be about the same as coturnix but less skittish.
They are a 1000 times more skittish. They are little fast nutters.

Back
Top Bottom