āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Well, I had 10 chicks hatch between yesterday and today. I have 8 more eggs with signs of life in the incubator. The 10 chicks all went to their new home a few minutes ago. I normally like to keep them for a few days to make sure they're healthy and happy, but these were a special order and the person wanted to pick them up immediately. She wants to come back tomorrow and get the rest that hatch.

This means I can pay for feed tomorrow. Yay!

Well, I had 10 chicks hatch between yesterday and today. I have 8 more eggs with signs of life in the incubator. The 10 chicks all went to their new home a few minutes ago. I normally like to keep them for a few days to make sure they're healthy and happy, but these were a special order and the person wanted to pick them up immediately. She wants to come back tomorrow and get the rest that hatch.

I really like it when customers get their hatchlings straight from the incubator.

I have too many quail.
I only have 31. 26 of which are female.
They are not all laying yet and I already have too many eggs.

I can't decided on how many more to butcher but i am pretty sure I want to off some more soon.

So exciting! Iā€™m setting some more on the 27th so they will hatch a week or so after I butcher the ones I have now so I can keep up meat production.

So exciting! Iā€™m setting some more on the 27th so they will hatch a week or so after I butcher the ones I have now so I can keep up meat production.
Actually just double checked Iā€™m going to set on the 22nd because the ones I have now turn 6 weeks old on oct 1 if I set on the 22nd these ones wonā€™t hatch untill the 8th-10th giving me a couple of days to do a couple of quail a day and get the brooder sanitized and dryed ready for use

Back
Top Bottom