➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

@Patiocoturnix I’ve hatched some harlequin recently which I think are probably more likely a harlequin x rain quail hybrid, the eggs are not much smaller than my Italians eggs but the birds are half the size.
Thinking of crossing them to the Italians and selecting for small cold hardy birds who lay lots of big eggs.
Might be asking a bit much.

@Patiocoturnix I’ve hatched some harlequin recently which I think are probably more likely a harlequin x rain quail hybrid, the eggs are not much smaller than my Italians eggs but the birds are half the size.
Thinking of crossing them to the Italians and selecting for small cold hardy birds who lay lots of big eggs.
Might be asking a bit much.
Large eggs from a small hen, is going to result in alot of issues with the hens laying and most likely alot of prolapse issues and egg bound issues. Just my 2cents.

Large eggs from a small hen, is going to result in alot of issues with the hens laying and most likely alot of prolapse issues and egg bound issues. Just my 2cents.
Yeah, there’ll be a limit to it, would need to keep different lines and make notes to find the best ratio of bird to egg size before they get any issues.

Hey Kiki.. do you always see a direct relationship between bird and egg size? I’m thinking of selecting the smallest birds who make the biggest eggs but not sure if I’m just gonna end up with bigger birds from big eggs which isn’t what I want.
I haven't ever kept detailed records as to what they weigh from the bigger eggs but I will be this time.

Last edited:
It's ben a while since I've set eggs. My hatch app looks different!
@mill-j nice updates!
Screenshot_20231014-193505.png
Screenshot_20231014-193511.png
Screenshot_20231014-193515.png
Screenshot_20231014-193424.png

It's ben a while since I've set eggs. My hatch app looks different!
@mill-j nice updates!
:thumbsup It's been a long time coming! The first design seemed to only make sense to users who used the desktop version first.

Have you already noticed the swipe navigation? You can swipe right and left to operate the side menu and to go forward and backwards in tabbed dialogs(such as settings). You can also use the back button to close dialogs, which wasn't possible in previous versions.

Back
Top Bottom