~6 week old khaki Campbell ducklings: PLEASE HELP ME SEX THEM

Nicowhi

Hatching
Feb 4, 2021
Hello! I’m sure this is asked a lot, buuuut, I adopted 2 khaki Campbell ducklings about a month ago, they are about 6 weeks old now. One has sprouted up super quickly and started “quacking” and growing feathers about 3 weeks ago, while the other still just peeps and started growing their feathers about a week ago. There is a significant difference in their size, the smaller one is the one who is still just peeping. I’m attaching a YouTube link to a video I took a couple of days ago, I separated the two of them to see if any new sounds appeared, in the video I am holding the one who just peeps. This is the loudest their peeps have ever been and that was simply because its sibling was in the other room.
I tried taking them to the vet to get sexed, but unfortunately they were far too stressed out for the vet to attempt a vent sexing and these are my first ducklings and I’m too afraid I’m going to harm them.
OH and we have a year old white crested male, who seems to really only target the one who is quacking, so we’re thinking he’s either defending his territory to another male OR he’s very h*rny and is trying to mount a female.

Attachments

• 527E799D-147D-4C46-A4EA-E59C8CFD3585.jpeg
    527E799D-147D-4C46-A4EA-E59C8CFD3585.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 131
Too young to sex by appearance or voice at that age. Adult, sexually mature male ducks are always ready to go. I'd advise against letting him be with the two ducklings until they are at least six months old if only to avoid the inevitable raping that will occur.

Too young to sex by appearance or voice at that age. Adult, sexually mature male ducks are always ready to go. I'd advise against letting him be with the two ducklings until they are at least six months old if only to avoid the inevitable raping that will occur.
They’ve been mostly separate, they stay in the same in-door coop with a divider between the ducklings and the adult. But ah okay thank you! Really hoping at least one is a female 🤞🤞🤞🤞 but I suppose we will just have to wait it out and see!

Back
Top Bottom