9 week old chick panting

Quacking ducks

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
I have a 9 week old chick that is panting a lot. she is in my basement that is about 60-65 degrees so I would not think she is too hot, but I did have them outside yesterday for a few hours ( it’s between 85-99 degrees during the day) did she get heat exhaustion yesterday? Any ideas? Thank you

Sorry, I only know the obvious: put the chick somewhere that is not too hot, with plenty of water available, and probably food available as well. It sounds like OP already did that.

Thank you, do you think she got heat exhaustion? It’s hot and humid here and as soon as I take them out of the box and put them in the run they all start panting

I have a 9 week old chick that is panting a lot. she is in my basement that is about 60-65 degrees so I would not think she is too hot, but I did have them outside yesterday for a few hours ( it’s between 85-99 degrees during the day) did she get heat exhaustion yesterday? Any ideas? Thank you
Our basement is the same temperature range.

The turkeys were panting down there, but I believe that was because it was time for them to move outside, they finally out grew the brooder, & they got too warm from each other's body heat. They're outside now, & no longer panting despite it being 80°F out.

Back
Top Bottom