911 help!!!! Please!! Muscovy mom just hatched out clutch, won't leave nest and is laying an egg a day again!!

They pipped friday morning and as far I know at least 2(if not all) were hatched already when i went in to check Saturday at noon, I didnt move her so I can only assume the other 2 were under Mom somewhere. All were accounted for by Sat afternoon. I dont want to take them from Mom but i lost my last hatch 2 years ago to a different hen who was a brand new mom. My hen is 4 and this is the first clutch Ive let her raise. I'm torn on what to do because this clutch has some of the color genetics Ive been waiting to get for awhile ,looks like I may have a lilac, 2 blues and a buff or possible fume.I really dont want to lose this clutch of cuties. Im also getting concerned about the welfare of my hen because she hasnt gotten up to eat at all since at least Thursday. She just wants to sit and brood even though there are no eggs left.

It's still early, then. Put some food and water nearby like oldhenlikesdogs suggested and try not to worry about it for another day or two.

If you worried about the mama not eating do you have another safe place to put her and her ducklings so you can clean out all bedding and put in fresh?
I brought the babies in under a brooder light and closed momma in the run then completely cleaned and changed the nest box bedding in the coop. Put fresh water in the large tub for her in the coop and food in a shallow dish. I will put my chick waterer and feeder back out too. Shes back with the chicks in the nestbox. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best.🫰 Im already attached to these little ones!🥰

Back
Top Bottom