About me Fields Family.

Fields1421

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We purchased chickens this year in March. My husband's and my family have owned chickens in the past, we decided to be more aware of what we are feeding ourselves and try to raise as much as possible at home.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
32 chickens (2 Roosters)
2 Guinea Fowl
6 Turkeys
2 Geese
3 Ducks

(3) What breeds do you have?
Americaunas, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock cross Austrolorps, Variety of Cochins, and Dominques.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Through a fellow colleague who recommended this to help for research.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, Canning, Art, and antiques.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a husband a daughter, and 4 dogs (Great Pyrenees, Lab, Border Collie, and Basset Hound) We live in rural South Dakota and just moved here from Florida prior to that we were living in the good ol' state of OHIO. I started to be more conservative with what we eat after getting a food allergy in my early 20's. I never was allergic to these foods and determined it most likely was from all the hormones, processed food, and how our plants and farm animals etc are being grown. We set out on this adventure and bought land and started trying to not buy as much groceries as possible and eat what we grow. We have been here for 6 months now and still more we would like to achieve.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Referral from colleague who stated I could research and interact with other poultry, homesteaders :)

Back
Top Bottom