Arizona Chickens

We broke 100F yesterday. We're still using ice trays and there's a fan on the coop to move air around, plus they get ice cold mash in the hottest part of the afternoon. A few hens were panting a little but everyone seems fine. I warned them this is just pre-heating for summer but they were too busy eating mash to respond.

Anyone have a mister you'd recommend, one that doesn't leak or clog (our water is very hard)? We're looking at ones like this:

View attachment 3837803

We ordered these off Amazon 2 years ago. They're still working. Occasionally I'll use my fingernail to scrape the front if one isn't misting well. Haven't had to use vinegar yet but that is my backup plan. I also ordered a timer for it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FC8BL7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8

I wish someone would tell them hens can be louder than roosters.

Especially when they all get together and sing.
This is just my theory,,, but makes valid sense.
Some towns create the "no rooster policy" to keep down the Cock fighting gambling to minimum. No roosters in my area. City of Chicago allows roosters,, unless they become a nuisance, and someone complains. Then they instruct you to remove. :frow
I am also very much against such activity.:mad:,, Dog fighting also:hit

This is just my theory,,, but makes valid sense.
Some towns create the "no rooster policy" to keep down the Cock fighting gambling to minimum. No roosters in my area. City of Chicago allows roosters,, unless they become a nuisance, and someone complains. Then they instruct you to remove. :frow
I am also very much against such activity.:mad:,, Dog fighting also:hit
Agreed!

We can have roosters in my city as long as nobody complains.

Back
Top Bottom