assorted babies, what are they?

FriAndRoo

Chirping
Apr 3, 2015
Texas
Got some assorted chicks and we're having a hard time figuring out breeds, they're in with one of my hens and she's not big on visitors so I apologize for the less than awesome pictures! The group photo has coloured dots for easy referencing;
Red: noface (sorry, every picture I have of that one has no face... not much to go on there... maybe part demon or vampire?)
Orange: Bella
Yellow: Zombie
Green: Sweet
Blue: Sour
Indigo: Smokey
Violet: Chilli 20180619_174219.jpg 20180615_194430.jpg 20180619_173943.jpg 20180616_112503.jpg 20180619_174156.jpg 20180619_174525.jpg 20180619_180015.jpg
Pink: Specky
White: Baguette
Thoughts on genders would be nice, but I don't have much reference material.

Is it possible there are some mixed breeds in the bunch? :)
Baguette and Chilli could be so many things....a lot of breeds look like this as chicks.
Pretty sure Specky is a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Smokey could possibly be a Blue Orpington? Noface and Zombie, possibly Black Jersey Giant or Black Australorp, depending on the color of foot bottoms? Sour almost brings to mind Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, from what little I can see. The rest, I'm clueless. ;)

They're cuties! :love Still too early to be sure of gender. :D

~Alex

Thank you :D Should all be pure, but you know how "should be" is with chickens. Will try and get more pictures of feeties! I'd love to have a laced wyandotte, and any kind of orpington, they're so darn cute.
Is it possible there are some mixed breeds in the bunch? :)
Baguette and Chilli could be so many things....a lot of breeds look like this as chicks.
Pretty sure Specky is a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Smokey could possibly be a Blue Orpington? Noface and Zombie, possibly Black Jersey Giant or Black Australorp, depending on the color of foot bottoms? Sour almost brings to mind Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, from what little I can see. The rest, I'm clueless. ;)

They're cuties! :love Still too early to be sure of gender. :D

~Alex

Your chicks are adorable! I really love your hen though, she is beautiful! Did you just get an assorted mix from a breeder/hatchery?
The mix is assorted from a hatchery, the green is one I hatched out, her and her sister behind her are from a black astralorp over white leghorn. It's funny because they are from the same parents but they have different leg and feet colours and are different sizes. GREAT layers though

Back
Top Bottom