Best auto door?

Arrowhead coops

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2024
Looking for an auto coop door being as I leave at 4am and don't arrive back till late evening but I want my girls to be able to come out in the run without having to leave the door open 2-3 hours before daylight. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

I use the Chickcozy auto door. It works pretty well, always shuts and opens. But I have 2 complaints. The light sensor doesn’t work. Maybe mine is defective because the reviews are really good. It is really annoying, I gave up trying to use it, I use the time option. The time works good, except that the time is fast, so every month or so I have to reset the time. Not a big deal, but I might have picked another kind if I had known it was gonna do that. But, like I said, the reviews were really good, so it might just be mine. Does anybody else have a chickcozy? Does it do the same things as mine?

Chickcozy Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer, Programmable Light Sensor, Battery Powered LCD Screen, Weatherproof, Low Battery Alert (Orange)
https://a.co/d/fz7MyUn

Our door is the most reliable unit on the market. Made and designed in Texas, we understand predators and quality construction. All aluminum door and frame, brass hardware, and stainless steel screws. Many people have been using them for 10+ or even 15+ years. You can find them at chickendoors.com . You can find cheaper, but you won't find better.
Thank you

I have two of these (there’s several different “brands” and think I paid around $70 for second one). I tried a battery operated sunlight sensor door and since I have a lot off tree coverage, it wasn’t reliable. Plus, the door opens onto a ramp leading directly into the covered run, and there’s a little roof extension that further blocks the light.

I like these because of the timer function. And I bought additional cords for in between the controller/solar panel and the unit. This allows me to move the panel around the yard chasing sunlight. I bought the second door for another coop, not as a replacement. And am extremely happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom