Breed identification please

RUNuts

Smiling. I'm up to something.
7 Years
May 19, 2017
Swamps of Texas
FA2FE3D4-8F4F-41FE-AE6E-588D22795938.jpeg
Anyone care to guess? Need buddies for single Rouen who flew into my life. 1 year old. $15 each.

Blue Swedish crosses. I'm not sure with what; multi-generation mixes with Rouen is a possibility.

Anyway, it doesn't matter; you just need a duck that's not a muscovy. Those look like nice, medium-size ducks so they're perfect.

If you have a female, you can get either a male or a female, but two males won't get along well in springtime (breeding season.)

Blue Swedish crosses. I'm not sure with what; multi-generation mixes with Rouen is a possibility.

Anyway, it doesn't matter; you just need a duck that's not a muscovy. Those look like nice, medium-size ducks so they're perfect.

If you have a female, you can get either a male or a female, but two males won't get along well in springtime (breeding season.)
Why not a Muscovy?

Muscovies aren’t regular ducks. Like a donkey is not a horse. They can breed to make a mule. But the mule is sterile.

So muscovy won’t be good company for a duck. Close, but not quite a duck.
But do you want ducks constantly or just buddies?

Sexing. Drakes have green heads & orange feet? Seller claims 4 hens & 2 drakes left. From the picture, I’m doubtful but know enough to get in trouble.
It looks like it. Drakes should have shinier heads. But if you're uncertain, they're apparently all in regular plumage, so you have a drake feather to use. And watch a few quack-sexing videos; it's very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom