Broody Dolly Parton Hatchalong!

Pics
:celebrate good morning Dolly's brood! Grow little chickies grow!
Plant Growth Spinning GIF by Florent Tailhades

So. The numbers aren't on em anymore. Lol. She has rubbed them off. Only 5 eggs are left.

Also. My Americana and my RIR Cinnamon keep going broody but only during the day.

Why are some hens (or pullets) broody for the day and others are broody for the stay?

So. The numbers aren't on em anymore. Lol. She has rubbed them off. Only 5 eggs are left.

Also. My Americana and my RIR Cinnamon keep going broody but only during the day.

Why are some hens (or pullets) broody for the day and others are broody for the stay?
@2ndTink @fluffycrow @tlcmurphy @Debbie292d @TwoCrows @WoDia

Do any of yall know why I have chickens who brood for the day and only Dolly who broods to stay?

@2ndTink @fluffycrow @tlcmurphy @Debbie292d @TwoCrows @WoDia

Do any of yall know why I have chickens who brood for the day and only Dolly who broods to stay?
I have a 1-year-old hen that is like me. She likes to relax in the nest in the morning all by herself, and about noon she'll mosie out of the coop. She does this every day.

I have an old hag in the main coop that spends even MORE time in the nest and comes out every evening to finish up the night with the flock.

I think sometimes it's just a personality or age thing. I let them do their own thing unless they actually do go broody, then they go to broody jail.

I have a 1-year-old hen that is like me. She likes to relax in the nest in the morning all by herself, and about noon she'll mosie out of the coop. She does this every day.

I have an old hag in the main coop that spends even MORE time in the nest and comes out every evening to finish up the night with the flock.

I think sometimes it's just a personality or age thing. I let them do their own thing unless they actually do go broody, then they go to broody jail.

I've had nest lovers (and nest sleepers too) before. Those look very different than a broody bird. Elf, are they actually broody (or at the very least, exhibiting broody behaviour), or are they just hanging out in the nest?

Dolly is the only permanent broody. Everyone else gets broody and defensive when I walk by. (Those who aren't just popping an egg)

Back
Top Bottom