Can baby chicks eat meal worms?

Chicka_deee

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 4, 2019
Northern California
I have 7 little baby chicks that are about 2 weeks old.
I was wondering if they could eat some dried meal worms. We only have dried meal worms we got from the store.

Attachments

• 01760A3C-8D70-4FBE-B57E-3EA3BCDD8DB1.jpeg
    01760A3C-8D70-4FBE-B57E-3EA3BCDD8DB1.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 193
I wouldn't feed the dry ones at this point. There are some real small ones you can get.
I send for meal worms all the time. The small are only about 3/8-1/2 inch long.
The older they get, the larger ones you can feed live ones.

I don't think it would be a problem as long as they have access to chick grit to make sure they digest it fine. I would be kind of worried about it being too dry ad getting stuck. I soak mine in a tad bit of hot water before feeding if the babies are small. Once they hit 2 weeks though I give it to em dry. Im a newbie so im just super carefull about everything lol

I don't think it would be a problem as long as they have access to chick grit to make sure they digest it fine. I would be kind of worried about it being too dry ad getting stuck. I soak mine in a tad bit of hot water before feeding if the babies are small. Once they hit 2 weeks though I give it to em dry. Im a newbie so im just super carefull about everything lol
I am too! Thank you! :D

I have 7 little baby chicks that are about 2 weeks old.
I was wondering if they could eat some dried meal worms. We only have dried meal worms we got from the store.
Are you feeding Medicated Start and Grow feed?
I feed a Medicated Start and Grow feed for 10 weeks to day old chicks.
They get nothing but that and fresh water.
At 2 weeks they also get Chick Grit. GC

I started mixing grit in with mines food at 3 days. They wanted nothing to do with hardboiled eggs, scrambled eggs, or mealworms, but I wanted to start the grit early. At about 10 days old they started going nuts for meal worms and egg.

Today is 2 weeks since I bought them and they live when I give them treats now. But I wait until after they dump their feeder for the day so while they're digging for the meal worms they're finding all the food they dumped too.

Back
Top Bottom