Canadians check in here....

Hi, and :welcome ! I'm a bit east of you, so don't know of any breeders in your area, but I suggest checking out Kijiji in the Spring.

I'm going to be getting some eggs from a breeder called DC Heritage Poultry out of Quebec, and they carry Silkies, you might want to check them out. A bit more expensive, but they have a good reputation and care about their stock.
DO NOT order from DC Heritage Poultry!! Check the reviews! Unscrupulous and practicing animal cruelty based on so many sick chicken posts. For me, I ordered 24 Fertilized Jubilee Orpington eggs - ZERO fertility rate - then when I brought this to their attention, they emailed and admitted to using an old rooster with a low fertility rate. ZERO! They replaced eggs with only 16 Jubilee, 2 lavender and 6 chocolate laced Orpington eggs - 20 were unfertilized again and 3 were clearly NOT Orpingtons at all, 2 may be Legbar, 1 is unknown, they admitted putting random egg in by mistake and the other chick, who knows what it is. $12 an egg. Plus knowing they sent unfertilized eggs, they still charged me an additional $72 for shipping. Looks like they switched from a puppy mill to a chicken mill! Anyone having this experience should also report them to the Quebec Government site for ensuring animal safety and welfare. quebec.ca/en/agriculture-environment-and-natural-resources/animal-health/ensuring-animal-safety-welfare
There is an online form for reports or you can call 1-844-264-6289

Hi, I'm from Owen Sound area, Ontario!

Trying to find Australorps, Gold & Silver Laced Wyandottes. Anyone know of any breeders in my area?

Also, what are your thoughts on Perforance Poultry and DC Heritage Poultry?
Some people are saying Performance ships, but on their website it says they do pickup only?
Saw on another thread that DC Heritage Poultry didn't have good reviews...thoughts?
DO NOT order from DC Heritage Poultry!! Believe the negative reviews! Unscrupulous and practicing animal cruelty based on so many sick chicken posts. For me, I ordered 24 Fertilized Jubilee Orpington eggs - ZERO fertility rate - then when I brought this to their attention, they emailed and admitted to using an old rooster with a low fertility rate. ZERO! They replaced eggs with only 16 Jubilee, 2 lavender and 6 chocolate laced Orpington eggs - 20 were unfertilized again and 3 were clearly NOT Orpingtons at all, 2 may be Legbar, 1 is unknown, they admitted putting random egg in by mistake and the other chick, who knows what it is. $12 an egg. Plus knowing they sent unfertilized eggs, they still charged me an additional $72 for shipping. Looks like they switched from a puppy mill to a chicken mill! Anyone having this experience should also report them to the Quebec Government site for ensuring animal safety and welfare. quebec.ca/en/agriculture-environment-and-natural-resources/animal-health/ensuring-animal-safety-welfare
There is an online form for reports or you can call 1-844-264-6289

Back
Top Bottom