Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Babies are here! One of the four sadly was DOA. Not sure I can place blame on the vendor (MPC) or bad luck... The other three are doing alright. The Green Queen is a little wobbly and the weakest of the bunch, so I'm keeping a close eye on her. She's already my favorite. The Cream Legbar is LOUD lol

They're eating and drinking a lot and figuring out their new home. Hope I'm doing this right! 🙏

Attachments

• 20240430_154644.jpg
    20240430_154644.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 0
Babies are here! One of the four sadly was DOA. Not sure I can place blame on the vendor (MPC) or bad luck... The other three are doing alright. The Green Queen is a little wobbly and the weakest of the bunch, so I'm keeping a close eye on her. She's already my favorite. The Cream Legbar is LOUD lol

They're eating and drinking a lot and figuring out their new home. Hope I'm doing this right! 🙏
I am sorry you lost one!

They are very cute!

Here's those coop pictures for my curious BYC pals.
Kept the henhouse small AND purchased only pullets, to restrain my addiction to hatching chicks 🤣
The 4x6x8 shed comfortably houses 6 hens and 2 nest boxes. With 2 outside areas, the girls usd the smaller side their dust bathing. We use solar power for the exhaust fans and the strings of lights that light up the entire thing at night.
Plants are going in the planters around outside edge.
The pallet coop we built in Texas was my absolute favorite. Photos are on my laptop so I'll share them later.....it's beautification day for this Old Crow😁
It's beautiful!

I've lately been more involved with dog rescue. Trying to get my yard set up better for a flock. I've definetly learned the hard way that it's better to do as much prep as possible beforehand. My Guineas taught me that.
Dog rescuing is much needed! Any breeds in particular that you help most?

I agree, preparing beforehand cannot be stressed enough. Hope you can have peeps sometime soon!

Hello everyone, been a very long time since I posted anything.

It’s been about 2 years since my unfortunate downfall. Lost all stock due to the avian flu, which was so incredibly bad. The a year on work the hardest I could to build my brand new flock, 54 chickens. Only to bid on more goodbye as between dogs and a family of foxes, I lost them all.

I decided enough was enough and left the chicken world. But now I’m back, starting again! I’m in the very early stages, welcoming my first chicks (well keets, as can be seen in the image).

I was down, but am no longer out!
I’m so sorry you lost your birds. So many people suffered because of the avian flu. I hope you can get back on your feet now, with those cute little keets! Best of luck to you in this new season in your life.

Back
Top Bottom