Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

I think I'm a lurker.
But I do learn a lot, latest project was successfully treating sour crop with miconazole.
In the past I've always had good luck with splay leg checks, but I had a heartbreaking Femur rotation chick this year.
Yikes...what happened with the femur chick?

Hello all.
I've been asked to post what I've been up to.. im guessing since I'm pretty quiet here and Admin is cleaning up the dormant accts
I have 6 chickens.. 2 Americanas, a Barred rock, a lavender Orpington, a legbar (not sure of colour.. she's purplish), and finally a Beinfelder)
I think that's it.. my wife is a member of the forum as well, so I let her post our day to day.
What's her username?

I moved and had to rehome my flock a couple years ago but recently, March 1st got some chicks to raise and started building a coop. It's still as awesome as I remember it being the first-time but without the learning curve of being totally new to chick raising or chickens. I'm happy to be a chicken dad again. Anyway here is a pic of the coop.
Cute coop!
How many birds do you have this time around?

Hello! We've had some wonderful adventures with chickens since joining - wild fires, bear attacks, hawk attacks, sour crop, random death...but the forums here most definitely have a lot of answers!

Funny this comes now as this morning, one of my hens has now decided after 2 years of being with me...she wants to crow 🤦‍♀️
I'm hoping its just a phase as my neighbours did not like it when we had a rooster.
It may not be just a phase.

Just got 6 Rhode Island Red chicks to add to my "flock". I have 4 Barred Rocks from 2 years ago and 9 Blue Plymouth Rocks from last year (pretty birds and huge eggs). Different kinds each year. Foxes got 2 of them. When the foxes are raising their pups (now), they hunt during the day also. I let the birds out to forage only for a few hours every other day during this time of year. Unfortunate because it's bug time. :) I also have 3 guinea hens that think they are chickens and one older rooster.
Good luck on keeping the foxes away.

I love this, thanks! I've been busy in my garden with the start of the spring growing season! My girls have been enjoying pecking through the weeds and spent cool weather crops. Hope everyone else is having a great year so far!
Glad you are doing well! Thanks for stopping by!

Busy as always, it's spring! Spent the winter building a new henhouse so I can expand my organic egg flock. Also fenced in more pasture so I can rotate them to fresh grass as needed. Picked up this batch of assorted bantam chicks from the local feed store for the wife's "kitchen scraps" flock. In two weeks the egg layer chicks arrive from Jenks Hatchery. Hope everyone else is doing great!
Cute pic! Thanks for stopping by
Glad you are doing well

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Sadly, I no longer have chickens since last June. It was sad parting with them, but had to sell them when told that my parents' house I've lived in for past 17+ years is being sold by my mother's guardian to help pay Medicaid back. My mom has been living in a nursing home since March 2020, and is in late stage of Alzheimer's. I don't know where I'm going to live, so don't know if I can ever have chickens again, though I hope someday in the future I can have some. For now I need to worry about finding a place to live and improving my physical and mental health.

Best wishes to all,
Sonia
So sorry for your issues! Hopefully things will work out for you soon

Back
Top Bottom