Chicken Clothing?

Ramblin Rooster

Hatchaholic
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
Fairfield, Connecticut
What kind of chicken clothing does everyone have? I think its funny that so many people make winter sweaters for their chickens. Many people have told me that baby clothes work great for chickens. Where does everyone else get their chicken clothing?

Found a cute little pink dog jacket at Marshalls and thought it would be perfect for a chicken. I was half right, it looked very cute and was fine but Pepper hated it and couldn't really move very well. I think it would be better on a silkie, or any bantam or smaller bird.

Henrietta was a little restless from being a busy mother to three silkie chicks so when we were going on a walk I stuck a chicken diaper on her and carried her on the walk. She seemed very happy, looking all over, and getting a break from her rambunctious chicks. Here's a picture of her chicken diaper that cost $28!!

Unless it is a house chicken and you need diapers for it, I can't understand why anyone would put clothes on a chicken. But that's me.

I must admit I am a push over for photos of any pet in clothes. But my chickens never seemed like they would tolerate clothing. Those winter sweaters for molting chickens could come in handy up here in Michigan, though.

I have seen photos of a featherless breed of chicken altered baby clothes.

Back
Top Bottom