Chicken walking funny

Piper25

Chirping
Apr 17, 2023
My 13 week old buff Orpington is walking funny. It is not bumblefoot, we have checked the bottom of her feet carefully. She still eats, drinks, runs, hops and plays with the other two chicks. They are not in the coop yet with the older hens. I am very worried about her leg. We have felt it and can’t feel anything strange. We have no chicken vets in or around our area. I’ll try to add video

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 28
Sometimes it may be easier to upload a video to YouTube with a link posted here. Make it public. If a video is not possible, can you get a picture of her legs side by side from the front or back? Does she limp, hold a leg up, or try to put weight on a weak leg?

Sometimes it may be easier to upload a video to YouTube with a link posted here. Make it public. If a video is not possible, can you get a picture of her legs side by side from the front or back? Does she limp, hold a leg up, or try to put weight on a weak leg?
I will try to get some pics on later. The video went to the gallery. She kind of swings her leg out to the side when walking. Her legs are together at top instead of spaced. She limps sometimes. But still acts like a regular chick. I went back and looked at movies when she was smaller and her legs were normal.

Here are some pictures. I would say she hobbles more than limp. Her comb is pale compared to our other buff.

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2551.jpeg
    IMG_2551.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg