Creamed Legbar Rooster and Brown Egg layer

EdgeC

Songster
Aug 5, 2023
I was accidently given a now (identified by the hatchery) a Cream Legbar. I assume this means he is a blue gene carrier (he was was supposed to be a pullet green egger) Does this mean if I mated him with a brown layer, it would make green egg babies?
roo2.png

I was accidently given a now (identified by the hatchery) a Cream Legbar. I assume this means he is a blue gene carrier (he was was supposed to be a pullet green egger) Does this mean if I mated him with a brown layer, it would make green egg babies?
View attachment 3839196
Not a cream Legbar.
Screenshot_20240521_103819_Chrome.jpg

Then what would you say it is? I have had both the hatchery and someone on here say it was a creamed legbar... Not saying you're wrong... just everyone is saying different things. My hands are up in the air... At the very least it did come out of a blue egg and most likely is a blue egg gene carrier. If i bred him with a brown layer, would he most likely produce at the minimum 50/50 mixed batch of green eggs?

Then what would you say it is? I have had both the hatchery and someone on here say it was a creamed legbar... Not saying you're wrong... just everyone is saying different things. My hands are up in the air... At the very least it did come out of a blue egg and most likely is a blue egg gene carrier. If i bred him with a brown layer, would he most likely produce at the minimum 50/50 mixed batch of green eggs?
He's an Easter Egger. Cream Legbar based, & beardless.

If he carries the blue egg gene, then at least half should lay green/blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom