Dead baby quail and odd behavior

HarleysGonePostal

Songster
6 Years
Nov 3, 2017
Indianapolis Indiana
update * Another one died. Someone please help me!

My quail were born July 4. I had them on straw bit switched to paper towel late last night. I feel like they should be more active. One died and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. What should I look for?

The space they have gives them room around the heat or away. I've tried dried food, adding water to the food, and water in a shell and bowel both
I'll be posting a video with this.

I've hatched and raised quail before with out issues. I'm really upset with this. Yes I'll be changing the paper towel again. I wanted to record what was happening first.

Thank so much for any help.

HarleySpicedLatte

How would it get an infection from the incubator? I've used it once before this and followed cleaning instructions.
What can I do to prevent it in the future? Could it have been something with the eggs when I got them that caused the infection?
Sorry for all the questions but I have another incubator going with duck and guinea. There is definitely be cross contamination.

Those chicks appear to have neurological symptoms. I would try giving them vitamin E oil 400iu with a tiny sliver of selenium, and some B-1. Give it to all of them.

Back
Top Bottom