Dinosaur lovers thread!

random question, but do you have an opinion on the Creality Ender 3 printer? I was just thinking about buying one, hopped over to BYC to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and well...... I'm easily distracted lol :lol:
I've never used an ender but my friends who have them have mixed views. They seem to work great once you get them set up and dialed in, but they're a pain to set up and dial in. The v1's seem to be a lot more finicky than the v3's, but the tradeoff there is the v3's are more expensive. With them being fully opensource they are a lot easier to build automation around and integrate into other workflows, but if you're looking for a simple standalone, I think Bambu, Elegoo and Flashforge have competitive or even better options in the same price points.

It really depends on what you want to do with it and what you want to spend, both in actual dollars as well as time investment.

I've never used an ender but my friends who have them have mixed views. They seem to work great once you get them set up and dialed in, but they're a pain to set up and dial in. The v1's seem to be a lot more finicky than the v3's, but the tradeoff there is the v3's are more expensive. With them being fully opensource they are a lot easier to build automation around and integrate into other workflows, but if you're looking for a simple standalone, I think Bambu, Elegoo and Flashforge have competitive or even better options in the same price points.

It really depends on what you want to do with it and what you want to spend, both in actual dollars as well as time investment.

Back
Top Bottom