Does raising the humidity in your incubator cause the temperature to drop?

Don’t worry. You don’t have to drain the reservoir. Just don’t add any new water, and eventually it will come down a little.

If your ambient is 50%, then you should be fine with no water added, or just a little added. Your reservoir will eventually evaporate, and then only add more water if it dips below 50. If dipping below 60 makes you nervous, then add a little bit at 60%.

But with 50% ambient humidity, it might be pretty slow to evaporate, so I think you will be fine.
Thank you thank you thank you! 🙏👍

Don’t worry. You don’t have to drain the reservoir. Just don’t add any new water, and eventually it will come down a little.

If your ambient is 50%, then you should be fine with no water added, or just a little added. Your reservoir will eventually evaporate, and then only add more water if it dips below 50. If dipping below 60 makes you nervous, then add a little bit at 60%.

But with 50% ambient humidity, it might be pretty slow to evaporate, so I think you will be fine.
By jove, it worked. 💕💕💕
One hatched with a tiny bit of umbilicus still attached to the egg but seems okay. Another one I did not want to assist but after several hours of being half zipped and pushing the membrane started to look discolored around it so I helped it out a touch. Put it back in half hatched and half hour later it came out. (A rambunctious chicken had rolled it right up against the lid of the incubator and was blocking the zip exit, so I suspect it was just a bit too hard to push.)Tiniest bit of yolk still attached to its abdomen but it's doing well! No sign of anything from the 7th egg so I will investigate what happened if I don't see anything in another day because it was developing prior. I am so grateful for six living babies! Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• PXL_20240511_042938409.jpg
    PXL_20240511_042938409.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom